Wednesday, September 10, 2008

back to school

Training at a call centre has proven to be amazingly like going back to school... and I don't mean high school or college. No, training is remarkably similar to my memories of elementary school. We do lots of group projects and make colourful posters with smelly markers.

We also play role playing games.

Which leads me to the subject matter of this blog.

Today, in class, we were learning about asking the client questions in order to determine what their problem is. In order to demonstrate, our instructor announced that she was going to be a patient, and one of my classmates would be a doctor.

My classmate, Jose, was the doctor.

"Hello," he said to my instructor. "What seems to be the problem?"

"Well, I have a rash," she said.

"How long have you had it?" he asked.

"About a week."

"And have you showered in that time?" he asked.

"Um... Yes."

"And do you have a boyfriend?"

Following the extremely enlightening role playing demo, Jose told us a story about how some cream the doctor gave him for a rash caused him to develop a continuous tent problem.

After that, we learned how to read a customer's bill.

1 comment:

teriyakibroth said...

lol She really left the door open for that one didn't she?