Sunday, September 7, 2008

A new beginning

The other day I was mowing the lawn when a neighbour from down the street walked by. He paused, and I stopped the mower so that we could have a chat.

Having dispensed with the questions of where I had been for the past year, he complimented me on my new hairdo.

"I did it for the Relay for Life," I informed him.

"Oh," he said. "I thought it was an indication of a lifestyle choice. I love Ellen, you know."

Yes, that's right. I'm back in home sweet home, aka Riverview.

A week after my last post, I was in Digby, Nova Scotia, visiting with Mom and watching fireworks explode over another harbour.

I've taken a job at Rogers for the time-being. The pay is good, as are the benefits. The staff discounts aren't anything to sneeze at either.

In other news, I got an email from the fine gentleman who is currently possession of my second suitcase (I had to leave it in BC due to new Air Canada regulations). He informed me that he had attempted to send said suitcase home to me, but that when he got to the Greyhound station it was closed.

"Why does everything shut down at 5 in this bloody town?" he emailed me. "I even drove out to the dump, only to be greeted by a locked gate."

I am going to give Mr. Q the benefit of the doubt and assume that that final line had nothing to do with my suitcase.

Now I needs must go. I'm waitressing at my home away from home, the Silvery Moon, tonight.

*Also, please note: I will be updating my blog every Sunday for the forseeable future, barring natural disasters and acts of God.*

No comments: