Thursday, July 31, 2008

Welcome to the neighbourhood!

Watched the fireworks from the balcony of a friend of Kim's. Fireworks, you say? And yet no major holiday in sight, you say? I'm in Vancouver now, I say.
Today was a pretty lazy day. Having said that, it was still a lazy day in which things were accomplished. I'm moving into my new place tomorrow, having found it this morning. Now, to find a job.
Kim had a few friends over for supper tonight. Her friend Aaron brought me a black and white photo of a couch in the back alley, on which he had written 'Welcome to the Nighbourhood.' Aaron is leaving the neighbourhood himself, at least temporarily. He jets off to India to do some filming next week.
Kim took me out to Granville Island yesterday. It was pouring rain, but we had a good time checking out the various art studios and the market.
I'm looking forward to exploring the city more in the coming days.

No comments: