Thursday, February 15, 2007

Happy Belated Valentines Day, everyone!

I actually got my computer on the internet for a whole five minutes the other night. Not long enough to actually accomplish anything, but still...

Yesterday at Snowflake I had a couple come in who had just, just gotten married! They met in Mexico two months ago, and have been drunk and in love every since, apparently.

Working two jobs is getting a bit tiring, but the money's good! I think I'm going to give up the Snowflake one in a few months, once my bank account has bounced back a little.

Went out partying Valentine's Day night. It was Brady from the Ski Shop's birthday, so a huge crowd of us hit the clubs. At the gave us all name tags (Jess and I were terribly unoriginal and actually put our names on them---everyone else put things like, Captain Amazing and Mr. Cool on theirs). They also all gave us stickers indicating our relationship status. Each person got a half of a players card, too: if you found the person who had the other half of your card, you both got free drinks, and were entered into a draw for a dinner at one of Banff's nicer restaurants (not the Inns, in other words). I found several guys with the same card, but none who were a perfact match, alas. Then I went to the washroom and lost my card---the new Aussie Ben (not to be confused with the old Aussie Ban) gave me his card, seeing as how his broken and unset arm was hurting and he wanted to go home, but by that time I had given up the quest. Oh, well.

In any case, it was a pretty fun way to spend Valentine's Day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good valentine's! How was Calgary? I know it's so cliche but I got FLOWERS for valentine's... I was VERY happy.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good Valentine's! :D I had a cheerful day myself, even if I didn't do much more exciting than go to work. *hugs* Don't work too hard.
~Ashley