Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I hath arrived!

Just a quick explanatory note... The keyboard I am using is having an identity crisis. I cannot find a key that will allow me to make apostrophe marks... The underscore key makes question marks, and the question mark key makes underscore marks.

So, I got into Calgary at around 11 30 last night (also cannot find a key that makes colons). The plane ride was uneventful, but I have to say by the end I was going stir crazy. My nose wouldnt stop dripping. I was also seated directly behind first class, so I got to see all the things they got that I didnt. lol Let me see... National Posts, liquids served in real glasses as opposed to disposable cups... Having said that, would I have sprung for the additional $500 or so, so that I could sit up there? Hell, no!

My cabbie from the airport was a cheerful Palestinian man, who loves Calgary, but misses Jerusalem. He has not been there in 17 years, he told me. Hed like to go, but he cant because of politics. Its so nice to be a Canadian, sometimes!

Rokaya and Chris (my friends who I am crashing with at the moment) have a nice, if currently underfurnished apartment. They set me up in the spare room with an air mattress that slowly deflated as I slept. lol By morning, I was sleeping on the ground. Did I care, though? No. I was so doggone tired, I would have probably slept on a bed of nails if that was all they had to offer. Having said that, I hope we figure out the mattress problem before tonight...

Today, Im going to try and get a feel for the city. Tomorrow... Who knows. It depends on what I see today. Right now, Im thinking I may bus out to Banff, but plans may change.

No comments: