Sunday, November 26, 2006

That last post sucked, didn't it?

So, last night's post made my second night at work sound really boring. In fact it was anything but! I'd say the highlight of the night was when the pipes overflowed and the kitchen and the women's washroom flooded. The cooks were working while standing on a pile of towels a foot thick. The manager put plastic bags on his feet (they looked really spiffy with a business suit!). He stayed back in the kitchen and passed plates of food out to the servers, rather than letting us go back there. Ed, the big boss man, refused to allow us to put an 'out of order' sign on the washroom---Instead, he made our poor little hostess girl (a grade 11 girl in a very little black dress) stand by the washroom and redirect traffic while the plumber worked his magic.

The girl who was training me was really quite amazing. "Everything I do is right, and everything everyone else does is wrong," were among the first words she said to me. She also called some customers idiots to their faces. She makes amazing tips, and is a WestJet stewardess when she's not working at Ric's.

Today was the coldest day since I've arrived. I went to look at a apartment and thought I was going to die, walking there. I went into several stores and 'browsed' in a futile attempt to keep warm. FUTILE, I tell you! FUTILE. My feet were so frozen I could barely walk.

The apartment, on the other hand, was really, really nice. It has a pool in the building, plus a sauna and a gym. $700, heat and hydro included. But I would be sharing it with a middle-aged couple. I just don't know! I spoke to the man on the phone a while ago and decided to go back and look at it again tomorrow. His girlfriend is from Australia (they met online). She's a photographer, and very nice. I didn't get a chance to meet him... Something I want to do before I agree to anything. Plus, they want someone long term, and I'm not a long term kinda gal. UGH!

No comments: