Thursday, November 30, 2006

a slight diversion from the norm

Today I was supposed to work two shifts, but I wound up only working for about a third of one. Then I was way too sick to continue, and went home instead. Luckily, they were really nice about it, and I go back to work tomorrow. Tomorrow's shift was supposed to be my first REAL shift... not sure if that's still the case or not, but I sure hope so! Tips, come to Mama!

But enough about that stuff. Today is a day for non-work-related anecdotes.

Anecdote #1: I went into a used bookstore on 17th Ave the other day---the day I nearly froze my feet off---and the fellow behind the counter was a former Monctonian. We discussed the Moncton disco scene, which apparently was quite happening back in the 70s.

Anecdote #2: Yesterday when I returned from my noon shift at work there was a lovely kitty-cat sitting on the steps of the apartment building. It looked at me and said, "Mew," quite plaintively. It was quite glossy looking---missing an ear, but still looked quite well kept. In any case, it followed me into the apartment building. I was hoping it belonged to someone in the building and would take off back to its own part of the building, but no, it followed me up to the third floor. Once there, it made a beeline into an open apartment, which was where we parted ways. I ran into the fellow who was moving out of the apartment, and asked him if it was his cat: he had two cats, but it wasn't one of them. It mewed in the hallway for a while and then vanished back from whence it came. Poor cat. But I can't exactly bring it to live with me on the floor of my friend's apartment now, can I?

Well, there you have it. A pretty uneventful day. Spent a large part of it sleeping, and then watched Philidelphia with Chris---damn, Antonio Banderas was a hottie! And yes, I know there was much more to get out of the movie than just that.

Wish me luck on tomorrow's shift, eh?

2 comments:

teriyakibroth said...

What's interesting about Antonio in Philadelphia is that he didn't know any english at that point in his career. He had to parrot everything people told him.

KT said...

Ah, not only cute, but incapable to speaking my language. What could be hotter? :P