Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Back in Banff!

Hello, all!

Yes, that's right, I'm back in Banff again, already.

The trip home was great, excepting the flight, and even that wasn't awful---just long. (Although for some reason the flight back seemed to take waaaay longer).

Shannon Edgett and Danielle surprised me at the airport when I got into Moncton. Thanks, guys! It was awesome to see you, and thanks for the crown, too! (They were celebrating Tiara Day)

It seems like during my six days home I did nothing but socialize---and since the socializing seemed to always centre around going out for breakfast, lunch, or supper, I was continuously stuffed!

The Silvery Moon, my Riverview home away from home, was closed. Peter and Kitty (The owners, and my former bosses) were away on their annual month-long sojourn to Hong Kong. I had been craving their food every since I left home, and I didn't get to eat any of it! The horror! The tragedy!

I did however get to eat at Zen Garden and The Taj Mahal. And of course, even better than eating all the food that I had missed, I got to see many of the people that I have missed! Thanks, Kath, Ashley, Missy, Janine, Julie, Yuriko, Shannon, Danielle, Bonnie, Uncle Al and Sherry, and Mom! It was wonderful to spend time with all of you again. To everyone I didn't see on this trip home, I'm really sorry... Come visit me in Banff!

Missy and Janine's reception was a lot of fun. Mom has a photo of me just standing there staring at Missy's bouquet, which had landed at my feet. What can I say, I have extremely slow reflexes. Katherine, who was standing beside me wound up leaning down and 'catching' it.

Banff, to my surprise didn't change at all while I was gone. In fact, from what I can discern, my housemates spent the entire time I was gone sitting on the couch doing nothing. Well, they must have gotten up at SOME point, because Ben is now sporting a beautiful black eye, and Frosty has shaved and now looks like a 12-year-old.

In much sadder news, my grandmother passed away last night.

No comments: