Wednesday, March 7, 2007

A new job?

Well, I walked down to the Trail Rider's stables today. I had an interview with Ron, the big boss, on Monday, and he told me to go down to the stables, talk to the stable manager, and check it out.

I spent the last three hours on a wagon drawn by draft horses, watching a bunch of cowboys shovel snow. Also hung out with them for a while in the tack room. I've been told to come by anytime, and that I have a job starting in May, if I want it.

Apparently I'd be working five to six days a week. The things I don't know how to do, such as horseshoeing, and wagon driving I would be taught on the job. They rotate the trail riders, so sometimes you're working at the Fairmont Banff Springs, sometimes you're working at the main stables, and sometimes you're backcountry.

I wouldn't be making as much money as I am now, but on the other hand I think it would be a lot of fun, and a great experience!

1 comment:

Matthew Francis said...

This sounds totally cool, Katie.