Monday, March 12, 2007

flying home tomorrow morning

I'm at Rokaya and Chris's right now, watching man of the year. Laptop computers and wireless internet are amazing things, aren't they?

I fly home tomorrow morning at 7:00 a.m.---or at least I'm supposed to. Calgary seems to be engulfed in some sort of freakish snowstorm.

I went by the Holiday on Horseback headquarters today. I have now officially been hired by them for the summer! The interview process in Banff is truly bizarre. I have applied for, and been hired for three jobs since coming to Banff. I mean, for the Holiday on Horseback job, I went in spoke to Ron, the owner of the company... He sent me down to the stable, where I hung out with the stable manager and some cowboys, drank a can of pop and heard some outrageous tall tales. When I went in to the main office today, Jill, Ron's assistant, told me the stable manager had been very impressed by me and had specifically said they should hire me. So that's it, she pulled out my file, and wrote hired across it in block letters. Presto, I'm a trail guide.

Can't wait to see everyone!

No comments: