Friday, March 2, 2007

I posted this to myspace before....

I'll repost this at blogspot at some later date, but right now I don't have the time to wait for it to come up again... have to be at work in 20 minutes.

Life in Banff is good. I lost a nail today trying to put my shirt on, but whatever.

I'm thinking about switching jobs for the summer. Not that I don't like the places I work, but hey, there are all sorts of experiences to be had in Banff, right?

Holiday on Horseback is hiring. www.horseback.com I think being a trail rider would be a really cool way to spend the summer, so I think I'll send in my resume.

The Big 3 (the ski resorts of Norquay, Lake Louise, and Sunshine) is advertising for someone to run Media Relations. Looking at the qualifications, I think I actually have all of them. Weird, huh?

And the following job is not for me, but maybe one of my friends might be interested:

Hello everyone,

I apologize for the mass email, however, this is a sure fire way I'll be able to get this information out to as many people as I can in the quickest way possible.

I've been living in Thailand for the past year and a half. While here I've been working with a company by the name of Mediakids. They are a placement company for people who want to travel and teach for a minimum of a 4 month stay in Thailand.
It's a great way to travel and make money, and the salary that they offer, although very little when converted to canadian dollars, provides more than enough for a middle class lifestyle. You'll find it hard to spend all of your salary.

This year the company is searching to fill a quota of 120 teachers to teach in Thai government schools for atleast one term (aprox 4 months). Here are the working packages available, however, if you are interested and none of these suite you, please contact me as we could possibly work something out.

Teachers need to posses a university degree and/or a TEFOL/ TESOL/ CELTA certificate. The company can provide connections in Thailand where you can recieve your TEFOL/ TESOL or CELTA certificate while studying in paradise.

OPTION A:
No university degree, No TEFOL (or equivilant)
salary: 20,000 Baht/ month
free accomadation
Mediakids will pay for TEFOL training or airfare (up to 40,000 baht ( aprox. $1,355.60 CAD))

OPTION B:
University degree and/ or TEFOL (or equivilant)
salary: 20,000 Baht/ month
free accomadation
Mediakids will pay for airfare (up to 40,000 baht ( aprox. $1,355.60 CAD))

OPTION C:
University degree and/or TEFOL (or equivilant)
salary: 25,000 Baht/ month
free accomadation
Mediakids will pay for airfare (up to 20,000 baht (aprox. $678.25 CAD))

All teachers need to be in Thailand by April 29, 2007 where they will recieve a one week training course, and in which accomadation will be provided free of charge.

If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to contact me kevinjesuino@gmail.com.

Please forward this email on to everyone you think would be interested (or just mass email it to everyone on your contact list).

Thank you so much for your help.
Sawatdee-Khrap
-- Kevin Jesuino
Project Activity Organizer
Media Kids Co.
Bangkok, Thailand
www.mediakids-edu.com
Phone: +08-7923-5472

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those horseback.com jobs look like they would be fun experiences and a nice shift of pace before winter rolls back around. You gotta wear jeans and a long-sleeved shirt ALL summer though (well, I guess not on your days off...), so I hope the summers aren't as hot there, but from what I remember it was pretty warm. Being back around horses would be nice though wouldn't it Katie.

Anonymous said...

Good post.