Sunday, May 6, 2007

I am actually in a pretty good mood, these days

Mom tells me that my last few posts have seemed somewhat grouchy/bitter, so I thought I should clarify that point.

Yesterday, I had the day off. I went on a hike of Grotto Canyon with Alec, a guy from my staff accom, his buddy whose name escapes me, and James, a.k.a Prettyboy from the U.K., who used to work with my roomie Jess. Then, in the evening I went out for drinks with John, who my former boss Pam has been after me about since the second day I started working at Snowflake. The drinks wound up streching out over 4 hours, before I had to cut it short and go home (5:45 a.m. work-day today).

And then today, as I just mentioned, I was at the Inns of Banff by 5:45 a.m. Fun, fun. My boss, who was also there, asked me if I was all right: "You look like shit."

Me: "It's 5:45 in the morning."

Why, you may ask, were we there at that time? A group of 120 Japanese schoolkids wanted to eat at 6:00 a.m. It was quite a surreal sight. They marched in by class and found their seats, chanting something as they walked in. Once they found their chairs they sat with their heads bowed until everyone had filed in. Then, the headmaster jerked his hands in the air, and two teachers ran forward in unison to close the doors. He made a brief speach and the kids, again by class, filed up to eat off the buffet.

I was in charge of tea and coffee.

The early morning kind of sucked, but I was also out of there by 10 a.m. Not bad at all.

No comments: