Tuesday, May 1, 2007

the intransience of Banff...

My roommate, Jess, has been packing her bags for the past two days. Our room is a mess. Jess is off to Hawaii to catch some sun, and then she's going home to the U.K.

The Aussie's are all packing their bags, too. Frosty flies home tomorrow. Ben flies to a job in Sweden. Chris and Jus are doing a quick tour of North America, and then they head back to Aus.

MJ, who lives in room 4, and has been dating Chris, is moving back to Montreal. Claire, who only just moved into the room beside me is moving back to Ontario next month....

And even the people who are staying here in Banff are moving.

Magda, my super at the restaurant is moving up to the campgrounds on Tunnel Mountain for the summer. It started out as just one person, Remi in maintenance, moving up there. Now half the staff seem to be! I'm kind of envious. It looks like a fun way to spend the summer. If I wasn't moving into the staff accom for the stables, I'd do it! In any case, I'm definitely checking out their bonfire in a few weeks time.

No comments: