Thursday, May 10, 2007

shwa...

The kitchen is clean. It was a frickin' pigsty when I started cleaning it an hour ago. But now, it shines. And none of the previous mess was mine, thank you muchly... but according to the schedule on the bulletin board, it was my week to clean the kitchen, so... Having said that, I had forgotten how satisfying I find cleaning. It's dirty, you make it clean: presto, you have affected a dramatic change in the world!

I worked the 5:30 a.m. shift today. It was supposed to be 5:45, but Alex asked me to come in early. Yay. I got out of there before 10, though! And tomorrow's my last full time shift at the restaurant!

Sarah, my friend who went to Queen's at the same time as me, but who I didn't meet 'til I came to Banff, and I went hiking today. She's got a car--a nice one, at that--so we drove out to Lake Minnewanka. The sun was out, the air was fresh. I've been missing springtime in the Maritimes, but this was pretty nice, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Want to come clean my kitchen?