Saturday, January 13, 2007

long day working all day long

This morning when I got a lunch break I ate pancakes. Aussie Ben, the kitchen guy who made them for me wrote my initials in chocolate chips on them. It was my only break of the day, though. I worked non-stop from 7 a.m. to 5:15. Fun, fun.

Should have been a shorter shift than that, but Amanda, who was supposed to come in and open up the Bear's Den Bar so that I could close the restaurant naver showed up, which meant the restaurant had to stay open.

Tomorrow I work at 6:00 a.m., but only for the breakfast shift. Then I'm off until 4:30 p.m. on Monday! This is fantabulous, as Sunday night is Banff's official local's party night, and I'm never able to stay out late because I always work morning shifts. I can't wait!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MMMM pancakes - Today at Gymboree we made pancakes, but they were actually foam disks so not very yummmy. I can't beleive you worked from 7 to 5:15 with only one break. I think that's illegal. I would have fainted from hunger. Good luck. Miss you!

Matthew Francis said...

Hope you had fun!

kimberley francis said...

Hey Katie. It's your cousin, Kim.

I noticed your link on Matt and Krista's blog. This is cool to read of your daily happenings in Banff.

Once while I was between yacht jobs in the Carribean, I share a house for a couple of weeks with some kind ones from England. We were all broke, but happy. The only groceries in our cupboards were big bags of sugar and flour and so one of the guys...i think his name was Ben too actually... cooked us lemon sugar pancakes every morning, in a very celebratory fashion.

It was nice.
Pancakes are awesome.

:)