Tuesday, January 2, 2007

I'm still alive.

Hey guys!

Happy New Year to everyone. Hope you had an excellent time.

I went out New Year's Eve. Wound up at four parties and still managed to be in bed asleep by 1:30. Pretty impressive, eh?

New Year's Day was pretty hellish at the restaurant. I think I was one of the few people on staff who wasn't hungover. I was just tired, seeing as I had to get up at 5:30 to be at work on time. Everything that could go wrong on the breakfast shift seemed to. More than one customer walked out of the restaurant in a huff. I had one guy leave without paying his bill, because he said it was taking too long---which was true, but totally not my fault. The manager was supposed to be in at 10, but when I left at 1, she still hadn't showed. I was back at 6:00 for my second shift of the day, which went quite a bit better. Wound up going out on the town with two of my co-workers, Gabriel and Ashley, after work.

Today's my day off.

I also have Friday off, and I'm thinking I may go skiing. If I call the reservations desk at the Inns of Banff two days in advance I can get a free lift ticket: one of the perks of being staff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow what a day! Four partie before 1:30, is that even possible? It sounds like banff is the place to be. I'm getting jealous! I wonder if any of the hotels need a harpist for their dining room or lobby? Man it's been weird being home and not seeing you, I still hold out hope that I might make it up there sometime. We'll see where the cards fall. g'night