Saturday, January 27, 2007

Lake Louise

Lake Louise was beeeeeautiful, today. The sun was shining and it was only -4 celcius.

I almost didn't make it there, which would have been a shame. Woke up this morning and thought, "Wow, I feel so refreshed and my alarm hasn't even gone of yet!" Then I noticed sun shining through a crack in the curtain... Here's the thing: I get corporate ski passes through my work, but if I don't pick 'em up by 9:00 a.m., I not only lose the pass, I also lose my privledges for three weeks. The sun doesn't rise here until well after eight.

I jumped out of bed, hollering for my roommate. Jess works in the ski shop. She groggily gave me the number for the shop and they agreed to hold onto my tickets for an extra half hour. Thank God.

Went out for coffee with a guy I met on the bus back from Lake Louise. He seemed nice enough---and he bought the coffee, which is rare these days. Richard, from the U.K. Formerly as soldier in Iraq, now a ski instructor at Lake Louise. He wants me to go skiing with him sometime. We'll see.

My nails are in really rough shape.

No comments: