Wednesday, December 13, 2006

another post from the Banff bus station

Well, I'm waiting for the bus to Sunshine Village right now. Going to go down and ski for the day. I'll also take my resume along, just in case.

I spent the night at a bed and breakfast here in Banff: 'At Wits End'. It was just me, and two women who are members of a seniors ski club. One of the women was from Rexton, N.B.! She moved to Calgary when she retired from the Navy. The other woman was from Australia, originally, but also lives in Calgary now. They gave me their phone numbers in case I ever needed anything, and also gave me a ride to the bus stop. The couple who owned the bed and breakfast showed us a video of their son skydiving with his dog. Fun stuff.

I am so frickin' wishy washy! I can't decide what I want to do. Well, I know what I want/need to do: finish my book. But what to do while I'm doing that? If I can find a job in Banff that includes accomodation, I'll stay out here, otherwise I think I'd just find myself deeper and deeper in the hole. I think I'm also going to keep applying at papers, but only if I don't find a place out here... seeing as if I do find a place out here, I'll have to sign a contract. Meanwhile, my savings are rapidly dwindling. The Elvis tin is empty, alas.

1 comment:

tosin matti said...

Hey Katie, Great blog I hope everything is ok in Alberta.
Cheers Tosin