Wednesday, December 20, 2006

lazy kt

First off, to all those people who have been asking me what my address is, I don't have a permanent address right now. If you haven't mailed anything yet, please hold off for a little while.

So, it's been a few days since my last post.

On Monday, I went out and found a second job as a hostess at a very nice restaurant in town, since the waitressing job didn't seem to be giving me many hours. I work Thursday and Friday evenings of this week as a waitress at job #1 and Saturday I spend lunch hour as a hostess at Earl's. Also on Monday, I applied for a job with a job placement firm here in Banff. They were advertising for someone with strong writing skills and a background in sales. I heard back from them today---they want to set up an interview. I think they would be like an actual-factual career type 9-5 thing, which might be kind of good in a way.

On Tuesday, I went to the Banff Hot Springs. An Aussie guy named John I had met here at the hostel tagged along. The springs were great! The water was 39 degrees celcius, but your hair was freezing and turning into ice at the same time. After the springs we sat in the cafe above them and drank beer, ate hotdogs and enjoyed the view. In the evening I hung out with an Irish couple, Sionbane and Shane, one of my roommates, Eve, and John. An unproductive day, to be sure, but excellent all the same.

Today I went skiing with Jesse, who I had met my first night here in the hostel. He's not living in the hostel anymore---found a job as a dishwasher. He hates it, but it offers staff accomodation and leaves his days free to ski. We hit the slopes at 9:00 a.m. and stayed out there until 3:30. Again, not exactly productive, but what can I say? I had a good but exhausting time.

4 comments:

teriyakibroth said...

Well I was going to send your Christmas package out today. I guess I'll wait until you have a more confirmed address. As long you're fine with that. Unless you want me to send it to Rokaya's.

KT said...

No, that's all right. I'll just have a late opening of christmas presents sometime in January! Yay!

(Has the package I sent arrived, btw?)

Anonymous said...

Ok same for me.

teriyakibroth said...

I have not seen it yet, but we'll keep a look out for it. :) And let you know when we do.