Monday, December 11, 2006

blah

I am tired and cold today. It seems as if the warmer (like in the mild + zone) it gets, the colder I get... Especially when I'm inside.

Tomorrow, I'm going to head back out to Banff. I'll ski there for a few days, and look for a job at the same time. Last time I stayed at a hostel, and it was fun... But I think this time I'll go with a bed and breakfast, at least for the first night in hopes of getting some real, uninterrupted sleep in a real bed.

I had applied for that job Mom mentioned to me, at the Vulcan Advocate. I figured there was a fairly strong chance I'd at least get a call on it, seeing as I was actually quite well qualified. However, today I was looking at the JeffGaulin.com website where it was posted (which said on it that the posting would be taken down as soon as the position was filled) and I noticed that a) the posting was dated mid-October, and b) the person listed as publisher/contact was no longer listed as publisher on the paper's website. So, I called. Sure enough, the position was filled quite a while ago. A bummer, to be sure.

Man, I'm tired. I've finished all my Christmas shopping and should really mail it today, but all I want to do is lie down and sleep.

No comments: