Saturday, December 30, 2006

SO TIRED

Well, one thing is for sure: I HATE working split shifts. You all know me... I like my sleep. I value my sleep. I treasure my sleep. Split shifts are hell on sleep.

Let's see... Tomorrow (New Year's Eve) I start work at 6:30 in the morning. Then I have the lunch shift off, only to return for dinner at 5:00. AND THEN I turn around and do the same frickin' shift again New Year's Day.

I would really like to go out New Year's Eve. I'm told it's an amazing time here in Banff. I ran into a waiter I had met a while ago yesterday, and he invited me to a New Year's party. However, if I do that I also will not be getting any sleep whatsoever.

I am so tired right now, and I haven't even been doing any partying. I've been going to bed as soon as I get home from work, and then getting up at 5:30 so I can be at work in time in the morning.

Yay.

And the thing is, I really do like the job. I like the people, I like the environment. I just hate the shifts.

I've decided to say to hell with the Inns of Banff staff accomodation once this week is over. If I'm not in staff accom, I can scale back to part time (i.e. reasonable shifts).

Snowflake Furs also has staff accom, and I'm going to give them a try. We'll see.

No comments: