Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Hi again. Week 2 down. Week 3 begins.

Well, today I had a little bit of a melt-down, but I'm back and feeling a-ok now. Just needed to eat some protein and do some thinking.

I went through with it and quit Ric's. It and I were never that good a match in any case. I like my meat as processed as humanly possible and burnt to a crisp---not rare and straight off the cow.

I've decided to go down to Banff tomorrow morning and stay overnight. I have no intention of actively looking for a job while I'm there, although if I see something and it calls to me, who knows? But everyone has told me about the mountains in Alberta, and in my two weeks here I've yet to see any.

After that we shall see. I think I'm going to stick around Calgary for a while, although I don't know if I'm going to continue in the waitressing vein of things--I have the feeling I may be a little burnt out. I applied for a job as an editor/proofreader for a textbook company today, and I think I'll apply for a few more jobs along the same lines. P.R., etc.

In the meantime, I think maybe I'll look for something, heck, maybe a few somethings, in retail for the Christmas season.

No comments: