Thursday, December 28, 2006

I broke my nail

That's right---one of my BEA-U-TI-FUL long nails snapped today. I blame it on a cardboard box I was trying to open at work.

And how IS work going, Katie?

Why, thank you for asking! It's actually going pretty well. I'm only working the one job right now: as a server at the Inns of Banff. I worked from 7:00 to 12:30 this morning, and have to go back into work for the supper shift at 5:00. The hotel's at a high capacity right now, though, so business is booming.

I also have a job at Snowflake Furs, if I want it. I think I'd like it... the only problem being that right now I am booked solid with continuous double and split shifts at the Inns. And I don't think the situation is going to improve unless/until I get out of staff housing. As a resident of staff housing, I'm required to work at least 30 hours a week for the Inns.

Haven't been doing much socializing, lately.

Most of the people I met at the hostel have dropped off the map. The Irish couple I used to hang out with quite a bit are still in town, I know, but I don't have their contact info. Sam and Jesse are both still in town, so far as I know, but I haven't heard from them since I left the hostel.

Went out for a burger the other night with an English electrician by the name of Dan---my sole social act of the week.

Rokaya and Chris are supposed to come down skiing this weekend, though! I am, of course, working, but I hope I'll get the chance to at least say 'hi' while they're in town.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well the fur place, as I mentioned before, sounds cool but is the schedule going to work out any better then the last place? (Earl's)