Friday, December 15, 2006

Banff babe

I am now officially an employee of the Inns of Banff, working in their something-or-other-grill. Booyah!

I also applied at a very nice fur shop on Banff Ave today. They pay $13 an hour, plus commissions and I didn't see anything in the store under $500. They seemed very interested and told me they would definately be calling me for an interview. Huh. Was it the very nice coat I was wearing or the fact that I rewrote my resume to emphasize my advertising sales background? Well, the restaurant job is mainly evenings... so maybe I could swing both jobs. I need money, but I don't want to burn out. We'll see.

The Inns of Banff have staff accomodation, but it's all full at the moment. I've been put on a waiting list. Til then, the hostel it is... But I kind of like it there, so whatever.

Last night I wound up in a deep philosophical discussion with a guy named Sam from the the UK, a guy named Bridge from Ottawa, and a guy named Jesse from Australia (Jesse I had previously met in the pub the night before). Sam and Bridge have travelled EVERYWHERE.

3 comments:

teriyakibroth said...

Congratulations Katie! Sounds like it'll be fun. Should we mail your xmas gift to banff or Rokoya's place still?

Anonymous said...

Well, it'd be cool if you could do both because they might balance each other out and keep you from getting bored with just one type of job, but you will be busy!! I think from what you've described of Banff so far it souds great and you've met lots of interesting people, which is cool.

Matthew Francis said...

That's brilliant, Katie. Glad to hear you got a job in Banff!