Saturday, December 16, 2006

...can't think of a title...

First, a quick note. On the request of one Katherine Marie Fitch, I have changed my settings so that anyone who may wish to can comment on this blog. So there you go, Kath! One person CAN make a difference. :P

I'm writing this blog from Rokaya's apartment in Calgary. I've come back just for the night, to get my remaining stuff. She cooked pancakes as a late lunch, and it's slowed my thinking just a bit, so forgive my somewhat meandering thoughts. (Although I don't know that it will actually make any discernable difference... My thoughts are always kind of fragmented).

Today on the bus to Calgary one of the windows flew open towards the back. I heard this whistling and felt a cold breeze, followed by the guys back there shouting for the bus driver. The bus driver just kept on driving. The guys kept closing it, only to have it fly open again. This happened about four times, before someone decided since yelling for the bus driver didn't accomplish anything, maybe they would have to actually walk up to the front of the bus and talk to him. The bus driver seemed quite put out, andargued briefly before agreeing to pull the bus over. wtf?

And in another wtf anecdote, last night I was in the hostel pub where a live band was playing. Anyhow, there was this pretty Japanese girl down there, and some guy tried to kiss her. 'She' got all pissed off. Turned out she was a guy and couldn't figure out why anyone would think 'she' wasn't. Well, a) he was very pretty, b) he had long flowing hair, and c) he had on what were quite clearly girls clothes. The japanese guy stormed out, and the other guy was kicked out. However, it was a hot topic of conversation for the remainder of the evening. For the most part, people seemed to be shocked that the guy wasn't a girl. I saw him checking out this morning, still dressed in girl's clothes---however, he did indeed have a very deep voice.

Also, last night a guy and girl from Norway gave me their email addresses and told me to send them a line if I ever wanted/needed a place to crash in Oslo. They were very blond and very nice. Snowboard fanatics, of course.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great story... a real life bishi. Too bad Ashley wasn't there it would have made her day :) It sounds like there's lots of live music going on at the pubs there. Lucky! mmmm... pancakes.

Anonymous said...

I can comment now~! :D

-Ashley