Sunday, December 10, 2006

x-mas shopping and other stuff

Today is the day I finish all my Christmas shopping so that I can mail it all tomorrow. I swear it!

Went to the mall with Rokaya and her bud Stephanie (another former dancer) yesterday. We did a little bit of shopping and then got distracted by gel nails. I've never had my nails done before. My ragged, chewed-up nails have always been a bit of a point of pride. Rokaya and Steph had never had it done either, and it was hard to say who had the ugliest/shortest nails. So yeah, we all now have long fancy nails. Mine have pretty sparkly flowers on two of the nails, too. I don't think I'll ever get it done again, but it was a good time.

Rokaya and I went out to a night club called Mynt on Friday night. We had a pretty good time. The music was good, and the crowd was mostly around our age... Sometimes the nightclubs back in Moncton make me feel ancient. All the guys seemed to be wearing suits, but I think in part that was because there were a bunch of Christmas parties going on. I didn't drink at all... I've been really watching my sugar intake these past few days and am feeling so much better.

I have a few job applications out right now... In the meantime, I think I'm going to head back up to Banff in the new week and do some skiing.

Fun, fun.

No comments: